straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] Feature Requests, etc.

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] Feature Requests, etc.
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:20:47 +0200

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 10:35, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 09:48, Steven Garrity wrote:
> > 2. Terminology (more a question than a request): Why the term "Pool" (as
> > opposed to "Refresh"). Refresh seems a more common/familiar term (hence
> > the default refresh gnome icon).
>
> Yeah, we should fix this. "Poll" is not really a user term and refresh
> seems to be tied with web browsers (e.g. Refresh -> "reload this page
> again"). We have to come up with something that is more related to
> feeds, items, etc..

Yeah, I suppose Poll isn't the clearest term possible. Dunno about
Refresh, it might be ok. Fetch? I'm not sure I like that, it sounds like
Straw should try to fetch something you don't already have. I'm not a
native speaker.

> > 3. Wide Screen View:
> > http://ranchero.com/netnewswire/features/widescreenview.php
>
> This has been discussed,
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/straw-devel/2003-11/msg00036.html
>
> Basically, it takes up horizontal space. This is OK in Mac but in PCs,
> where screen resolution and monitor sizes varies, it's hard to decide
> whether it's a good idea or not.

When we get around to implementing different views - maybe for 0.23 - we
might consider doing that, too, though.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]