straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] More on the Latest Updates

From: Ryan P Skadberg
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] More on the Latest Updates
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:42:37 -0500

The code sure used to check for updates to a post.  Someone took the
code out if it isn't there any more.  I have made some of my friends
change their RSS feeds to include GUIDs so that it wouldn't double up
and just correct and it fixed the problem in Straw in the past.  It
doesn't any more.

Skadz

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 02:50, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 14:33, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
> > I seem to be seeing more and more posts "doubling" instead of updating.
> > I am pretty sure some of these even have GUIDs, which I though we used
> > to check for a post being the same.  And they definitely have the same
> > title, so if that is a secondary check, it isn't working either.  Anyone
> > else seeing this?  Oh yeah, and I did start noticing this before today's
> > updates, so I don't think it specifically has to do with the latest
> > batch of updates, but something in the recent past.
>
> If by "doubling" you mean same item(title, etc.) but with corrections,
> etc.. then yeah, that's a bug. AFAIK, we never checked for updates if an
> item is the same or not, or if an item has been updated. File a defect.
>
> Cheers,
 Ryan P Skadberg                          E: address@hidden
 The Stigmata Organization                U: http://www.stigmata.org/
  GPG fingerprint = 0B97 F771 E7D2 69B2 FF5C  5693 4E25 7E77 DEF0 CA4B