straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] keybindings, location of category selector

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] keybindings, location of category selector
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:59:19 +1100

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 07:53, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> Two UI things:
>
> Is the current set of keybindings logical or at least consistent with
> other parts of the desktop? I noticed that many of the keybindings have
> changed and a bit of a hard time with them, which of course doesn't mean
> that the old keybinds were any more logical.

I agree but we have "lots" of navigational stuff so we just have to make
them not collide with keybindings.

>  But how were they picked?

Epiphany uses CTRL-R for refresh so I adopted that too and the other
Refresh stuff (Selected and category) I picked whatever corresponds to
their mnemonic CTRL-S for selected, and CTRL-C for category. As for the
others, I'm not sure if there's any criteria on picking their
keybindings or if they have changed at all.

> Second thing is the location of the category selector; Jan, you added it
> outside the buttonbox, what was your reasoning? Should it be inside
> instead, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping us from putting it
> there? Or am I missing something? I know it's called buttonbox, but it
> seems to me you can add anything there.

Yeah, that "was" my reasoning. The toolbar, IMO, is specific for "Most
Widely Used Tool(s)" but adding the selector[1] to it doesn't look too
bad at all, I think.

Let me know if you're happy with it :)

[1] http://www.unpluggable.com/images/straw-sel-toolbar.png

--