[STUMP] Binary too big?

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [STUMP] Binary too big?
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:07:57 +0200

Hi,

   I compiled stumpwm from CVS with sbcl; now it's my default window
manager and does all what I need, it's wonderful in that aspect.

   But I noticed that the binary itself takes up 32 Mb on disk, and
the process 15 Mb after it starts. 32 Mb seems too much for me;
compare for instance with ion2 (binary: 170 Kb, plus some libraries).
It's even more than emacs!

   Therefore I would like to ask if that's normal.
   And if it is, can you add this question+answer to the
documentation? (Is there already a „FAQ" section somewhere?).

   Thanks,
Daniel