Re: [STUMP] Binary too big?

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Binary too big?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:24:55 +0200

  Hi,

> Just out of curiosity, what needs of you does it serve?

 - compiling it in a single binary without dependency on other files
or uncommon libraries
 - be able to change settings in real-time
 - configuration == programming == extending the code
 - it doesn't assume that you have a mouse
 - it uses just one key (default C-t) to do all things => less conflicts
 - good structure: frames, windows, groups

> I just created the FAQ today, so it doesn't have much on it. Feel
> free to add your questions and I or someone will answer them.
> http://stumpwm.antidesktop.net/cgi-bin/wiki/FAQ

  Thanks, that will be very useful.

  So, stumpwm is so big because there's a complete Lisp implementation
there, which allows you to execute any Lisp code on the run. That's
good, but I thought one could also have a totally compiled version in
which no new code can be added on the run and therefore no interpreter
is needed.

  I tried with clisp (+mit-clx, all from CVS) but there were so many
problems and Lisp error messages that I abandoned temporarily. I will
try later.

  Bye,
Daniel