Re: [STUMP] stumpwm crashes

From: Vitaly Mayatskikh
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpwm crashes
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:20:50 +0100

"Shawn Betts" <address@hidden> writes:

>     Asynchronous ATOM-ERROR in request 8643 (last request was 8644)  Code 17.0
>     Atom-ID #x4444A4
>

> Can you give some background about it? Is this a new error?

No, it's not new. Nikodemus Siivola has fixed 3 bugs in sbcl related
to stumpwm, now I have only that bug.

> Did you upgrade something and start getting it?

Stumpwm was working stable on my previous machine (2x Xeon) and
Fedora-7 i386 (X.org 1.3 as well), even when compiled with sbcl ;)
After migration to core2duo laptop and F-8 x86-64 stumpwm
crashes/freezes very often with both sbcl or clisp.

>Can you reproduce it reliably?

Not really. For example, I have had 3 crashes this morning, but it
works now for 2 or 3 hours w/o problems. stumpwm/sbcl freezes (without
dropping to debugger) more often, sometimes every 2 minutes. I can
provide you with core. if you wish.

--
wbr, Vitaly