[STUMP] questions

From: Mostafa Razavi
Subject: [STUMP] questions
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:53:35 +0330

Hi. I'm a new convert, and I have like a thousand questions! I know this is a "devel" mailing list, but it's the only mailing list StumpWM has, so I hope it's all right if I ask my questions here (not all one thousand though, not now!).

I've been trying to change the font StumpWM uses. Using "set-font" it seems to me that truetype fonts are not usable. When I set the font to "-adobe-helvetica-medium-normal--12*" it works. When I set it to "-unknown-DejaVu Sans Mono-normal-*-13-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1" it doesn't. I got that by calling "describe-face" in emacs, so I'm sure the font exists. I'm not very familiar with how fonts are handled in X. Trying xlsfonts and xlib:list-font-names, I see that they don't list my truetype fonts. Is there a way I can use a better looking font than the default one?

Another problem I've encountered is with "read-one-line". Calling it from the slime repl in emacs causes weird problems. If I type slowly, everything is fine. If I type fast, stumpwm gives error messages mid-typing like "k is not bound" (k can be any key really). Once, it even caused the system to freeze completely. I defined a command that calls read-one-line and invoked it by the ";" command. Everything worked fine, so I think this is somehow related to a combination of emacs and stumpwm. Not a big issue, but still I thought I'd report it.

Also, the wifi contrib module does not work for me. It looks for a "wireless" subdirectory in my /sys/class/net/wlan0 which does not exist on my system. I'm running Debian with linux 2.6.32-5-amd54 and with the latest StumpWM from git.

Any help on these is appreciated. Thanks.

Mostafa