Re: [STUMP] questions

From: Mostafa Razavi
Subject: Re: [STUMP] questions
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:01:02 +0330

It isn't in that list. All the fonts in the Font Path are in /usr/share/fonts/X11/ while the ttf fonts are in /usr/share/fonts/truetype. I tried adding that to the list with "xset fp+" but I got a "bad font path element" error. I also tried googling to learn a bit more about fonts in X, but damn, anything I find is at least a few years old (references to the late xfree86 are abundant). Seems like the last time people had font problems was several years ago!

Question is, if the ttf fonts are not in the font path, how come emacs can use them?

Thanks,
Mostafa