swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm in debian/ubuntu

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm in debian/ubuntu
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:04:03 -0600

Paul Johnson wrote:
I fought the big fight to get Swarm to compile on an Ubuntu system last
month. I posted the problem with the Java setup and the flaw in the JDK
installation that confused Swarm's configure script. Other than that,
the new tarball built a working install.  As I recall, the big problem
was that the Sun JDK installs an empty directory that has the word
"native_threads" in the bin directory, and unless you delete that, Java
Swarm won't build.
acjdk.m4 needs to be gutted. If javacswarm and javaswarm are dropped it will simplify things.