Re: Event-Oriented Computing (formerly)

From: Jan Burse
Subject: Re: Event-Oriented Computing (formerly)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 18:30:37 +0100

Chapter 4
A Basic Host
------------------------------------- The Hype
-----------------------------------
"Be our guest ... be our guest ... put our magic to the test."
Walt Disney Wold commercial. Also from the movie "The
Beauty and the Beast".
------------------------------- Political Cynism
---------------------------------
Hospitality may seem gracious and unselfish, but it is often
the most highly organized form of supression and domination.
A C2-security grade system that can evaluate and instantiate
incoming code while preventing unauthorized function
evaluation.

from the book:
Wayner, P.: "Agents Unleashed": A Public Domain Look at
Agent Technology, Academic Press, Inc., 1995
--
Jan Burse
Umweltphysik, EAWAG