Re: What are the advantages / disadvantages of Nueral Networks vs. Comp

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: What are the advantages / disadvantages of Nueral Networks vs. ComplexAdaptive-Agent based modelling?
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 21:35:33 +0100

        Hi all,

        following Matt question and Glen + J replies, I add my 2 cents
consideration.

        An ABM is a network of agents, behaving on the basis of fixed internal
rules or, may be, evolving ones. In this case, we can use: (i) internally
to agents, neural networks, classifier systems, ...; (ii) externally,
genetic algoritms ...

        I'm developing a Swarm application useful to develop model of agents
based
upon neural networks (also with meta rules, to self establish targets, if
necessary). At present, the code in undocumented, so it is not easy to use
it, but if someone is interested to look a this alpha version, I'll
immediately send it on request.

        Pietro