Compiling a list of agent-based models of real-life social system s

From: B . Amelung
Subject: Compiling a list of agent-based models of real-life social system s
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:17:12 +0100

Hi,

I am a PhD student planning to model tourism in an agent-based way. One of
the main aims is to try to get a better understanding of the dynamics behind
social tourism phenomena such as fashion cycles by taking a closer look at
the interaction between the actors involved.

At the institute I work at, several people are working on agent-based models
in various areas (decision making, water demand management, malaria risk
etc.). In order to establish a firm basis for our endeavours and to learn
from other people's experience, we are collecting papers and other material
describing other people's attempts to model real-life social systems in an
agent-based manner. Our search is not limited to Swarm-based models. So far,
we have found only few models describing human actors or organisations in
real-life situations.

Can anybody help?
Regards,

Bas Amelung

PhD Student
address@hidden

International Centre for Integrative Studies (ICIS)
Maastricht University
P.O. Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
The Netherlands