Re: [Swarm-Modelling] model problem

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] model problem
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:12:39 -0500

I think the SwarmFaq has a section for "complete newcomers." I'd suggest you download the swarmapps package, which contains several test programs you can compile and run.

pj

bjohnlee wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to Swarm. As I use it, I have some questions about it.

1. When I’m modeling, I don’t realize what can do about “defobj” and “objectbase” in the library.

2. Does Swarm itself provide any model? Or Swarm just provides method to use and models by myself? If so, what theory (or background) the methods are based on? I just know Swarm is based on CAS. But in CAS, is there only one model? In terms, I want to know whether model should be built by myself.

3. In the main page of SwarmWiki, I saw “Contributions,” does it mean model?

Hope to get comments on the matters above. Thanks again.

John