BLT on HP

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: BLT on HP
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 95 13:45:31 EST

Hi, Rick,

    I tried to hook up a bar chart from Swarm, and it doesn't work.  Most
(but not all) of the barchart examples from the blt you sent me also don't
work.  I think what's happening (well, it's a theory) is that my
.Xauthority file doesn't contain a valid entry for any of my HP's, and
BLT won't cope with any other X authorization mechanisms.

    All this is a very long-winded way of asking--do you have entries in
your $HOME/.Xauthority file for your HP displays?  If so, do you recall
how they got there?  I tried:

    xauth add maple.biology.yale.edu:0 . ffff

and it added an entry, but BLT wasn't impressed.  If I run barchart2 and
hit the configure button, I get:

    maple{ginger} 149:  barchart2
    "send" disabled: can't communicate with "barchart2"
    X server insecure (must use xauth-style authorization); command ignored

I'm not sure, but I believe "send" is exactly how Swarm is telling the
Histo the plot something.

    Any insights appreciated!

Cheers,
    Ginger