Re: New User Community pages

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: New User Community pages
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:27:40 -0700

> > worked).  With any luck, we'll get the gcc-objc-960906 patches Ted
> > contributed in the next release.
>
> Do the patches work with the new libtclobjc? If not, can what is wrong
> be fixed by hand?

I don't know.  We don't have the patches for gcc-objc applied
yet, here, so I can't test whether or not Ted's patches to
libtclobjc-1.1b3 will work on libtclobjc-1.1b5.  But, as long
as the changes between 1.1b3 and 1.1b5 didn't have anything to
do with the pieces that are changed by the patch, it should
work.  There's a move afoot to get the 960906 objc patch applied
here.  I'll know more then.

But, the changes to libtclobjc were made using cpp macros that
test for tcl/tk versions.  So, it's trivial to see what changes
were made and apply them, by hand to other versions.

> I'm currently putting together a web page on my thesis (which uses swarm).
> Once I have it done and up, I'll pass along the address.

Great!

glen