Re: Shared libraries

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Shared libraries
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:14:07 -0700

Jim,

Karl Sackett <address@hidden> was trying to do this.
He ran into a problem with the libtclobjc-1.1b4 package
(the GCC objc compiler wouldn't compile it with position
independent code).  He's on the list, so I expect that
he'll reply to you.

BTW, we have this on our agenda.... It's just at a low
priority because we're concentrating on functionality
at present.  If y'all (the users) see it as a high
priority, please speak up.

In the meantime, have you tried compiling without debugging
support?  I realize that's not the best option (especially
if you want to be able to debug...); but, it should take
the size of the executables down some.

glen