Re: Debugging Swarm programs.

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Debugging Swarm programs.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 14:47:01 -0500

>objc_msg_lookup_super (super=0xeffff0a0, sel=0x12f6e4) at sendmsg.c:133
>sendmsg.c:133: No such file or directory.

sendmsg.c is from the libobjc source code, the gcc ObjC runtime. If
you have the sources online you can add a new directory to gdb's path
by using the "dir" command within gdb.

Your error is a crash inside the gcc runtime, which is kind of a
bummer. When I debugged Swarm I found it useful to get inside the
runtime and figure out what was going on - in particular, print out
the values of super and sel. But this is kinda complicated, I could
understand if you didn't want to have to deal with it.

Your error suggests to me that either you're mangling memory somehow,
or else you haven't finalized an object creation properly. Are you
calling createEnd everywhere you should be?