Re: BLT Problems

From: Todd Allen
Subject: Re: BLT Problems
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:57:58 -0500

Glen,

Thanks for all the help.  You can ignore my last message, since I
finally got swarm working.  Your last couple of notes got me pointed in
the right direction.  The problem appears to have stemmed from the fact
that the install sets for tk, tcl, and blt want to install the new
packages in different locations from where my old versions were located
(e.g. /usr/local/lib rather than /usr/lib).  As a result, the tcl
install was finding and linking to pieces of the old version of tk, blt
and libtclobjc were doing the same with tk and tcl, and swarm was
finding old pieces of all of the packages.  I simply removed all of the
old components, re-installed all the supporting libraries, and put links
to the new libraries in the place of the old ones, and swarm and the
demo apps built and ran without problems.

Thanks again for all the help,

Todd Allen