BLT Problems

From: Todd Allen
Subject: BLT Problems
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 10:35:28 -0500

I have been trying to get swarm working for weeks.  I think I'm close to
having it working, but it's still not quite right.

I am runing Red Hat 3.0.3 Linux kernel 1.2.13 on a Pentium Pro 200
machine.

I have installed all of the required libraries.  There did not appear to
be any errors during the install process. The swarm libraries and the
sample apps also appeared to compile without incident.  The problems
occur when I run the sample apps.  For example, when I run heatbugs, the
message,

        BLTVector does not respond to method append

appears repeatedly in the xterm window from which I executed heatbugs,
and the 'happiness of bugs vs. time' graph is not displayed when the go
button is pressed.  On the up side, the heatbugs seem to be scampering
around properly in their window.

What am I doing wrong?  I have been through the entire install process
no fewer than five times with exactly the same result.

Thanks,

Todd Allen