Re: Congrats & trivia -hives

From: Matthew Hare
Subject: Re: Congrats & trivia -hives
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 11:15:50 GMT

glen - you asked about what the hive should mean and whether there should be
multiple hives based around function or programmer/scientist splits etc ... Well
my gut feeling is that the beauty of swarm is that for once in my research life
(short though it has been) I'm in a real multi-displinary community - wow,
we've got textiles, cultural evolution, ecology, even people who think
programming's fun (grin) (can I steal one of your grins, glen?) ..... There's
just so much to learn from everyone! So, I reckon to start cutting people off
into different hives just when we're just getting together would be a shame.
My vote is for : Let's carry on breaking down the barriers and all be one happy
hive!

Matt Hare
MLURI
Scotland