Re: A new newsgroup?

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: A new newsgroup?
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:20:25 -0700

> Ok, now there is a new swarm release, but ... What about to create
> a (more or less) "com.ai.alife.swarm" newsgroup? Or may be a
> "com.ai.alife.swarm.bugs"? Or "com.ai.alife.swarm.announce"?
> Or all at the same time???
>
> Well, its only an idea. I think it would be very useful.

Sounds great to me.  We're just about ready to go *really*
public with the release.  (We'd like all these little
snags to be shaken out, first.)  And then we'll probably
post a release announcement to Usenet.

The idea of making a newsgroup for swarm is a good one.
But, I haven't the slightest idea of how to go about it
or how to judge whether it's warranted.

glen