Newsgroups vs mailing lists

From: Randall Gray
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:49:48 +1100 (EST)

AAaaiiieeeee!  I hope the advent of a "real newsgroup" wouldn't spell
the demise of the mailing list.  I stopped perusing the USENET about a
year ago.  Even in thne "good" newgroups the signal to noise ratio was
becoming too low to make the odd pearls gleaned worth the time it was
taking.  I *like* mailing lists -- they are much less prone to
"hijack" than newsgroups are.

By all means consider that I support the creation of newsgroups, but
I'd like to see the mailing list remain as the principal platform for
discussion.  Anyway, I sort of see the list as full of people I might
like to correspond with anyway!

Best regards,

        Randall