Re: Newsgroups vs mailing lists

From: Ken Cline
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 01:04:21 -0500 (EST)

> prone to "hijack" than newsgroups are.

> By all means consider that I support the creation of
> newsgroups, but I'd like to see the mailing list remain as
> the principal platform for discussion.  Anyway, I sort of
> see the list as full of people I might like to correspond
> with anyway!

> Best regards,

>       Randall

> Well, I know of other lists that reflect the list.  I'm sure
> we could do something like that, right?  I agree completely,
> by the way.  I find it an incredible pain to read Usenet.
>
> glen

My $0.02 worth:

  Consider the following (non-hypothetical) situation:
     - Company A uses satelite service provided by
          Company B to download news
     - Company B goes belly-up :(
     - Company A employees become highly productive (???)

  This, of course, isn't a Hive problem...

  I was just using an anecdote to voice my support for the
  continuation mailing list "format".

Ken.
Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427