Re: Announcing Breeder 1.0

From: John Eikenberry [MSAI]
Subject: Re: Announcing Breeder 1.0
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 14:34:16 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Juan J. Merelo wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     John> I'm going to be working on a varient of this. I am going to
>     John> be using a GA to evolve pseudo finite state machines. I
>
> Quite a good idea... Indeed, as soon as we have neural networks, FSM,
> classifier systems and some other things, like IPD, it will quite easy
> to anyone to create an agent and plug any "Brain" s/he would want
> to. That's why I though, when I was here a year and a half ago, to
> create some sort of common "Brain" infrastructure, so that Brains of
> any kind could be interchangeable. Maybe a "Brain" protocol... Ideas,
> anyone?

I'd also be interested in helping out with (or doing myself) a classifier
system lib. I am thinking (now this is a ways down the road) that it
might be interestion to see if my finite state machines could be turned
into mini classifier systems (like a learning finite state machine).

As I said, my implementation of this won't be for a while. And if a
classifier system isn't done by then, I'll probably work on implementing
one. But... if someone else wants to work with this before I finally get
around to it, I'd be more than willing to help out. :)

> Great! Anything you need, please tell me and we'll work it out.

Thanks, I'll let you know.

John Eikenberry
address@hidden
 will deserve neither and lose both."