Re: A thought on portability...

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: A thought on portability...
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:16:26 -0700

"manor" == "Manor Askenazi" <address@hidden> writes:
manor> This problem will go away by itself if/when Swarm is ported to
manor> Java since it has, in the interested of said portability,
manor> fixed-sized types (e.g. on a Mac, PC, SGI or Sun, maybe even on
manor> the Alpha, the max value of a double is more or less always:

I take it you mean to say that this problem will go away when
Java finally runs on more than a couple platforms, eh?  For
instance.... [grin]... I don't recall seeing a Java compiler
for a C40.... but, I could be wrong.

glen