Re: Drones

From: cgl
Subject: Re: Drones
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:42:05 -0700

??

Well, in *my* recent past there was a response by Glen which pretty
well summarized the options available to us, and over the past
few weeks there has been some discussion back and forth on Swarm
Support about it.

  So, as far as an "official" statement - we can "officially" state
that we are now looking into all of these options and pursuing a
number of opportunities that have arisen since SwarmFest..

  I am much more confidant at the moment that funding for Swarm will
*not* stop at September, we've had several offers from a number of
different groups to continue funding here at SFI...however, the
details haven't been worked out yet.

  Whatever happens with funding here at SFI, we will certainly make
sure that Swarm has a venue for support for the indefinite future...

  That's as "official" as I can get because we are still in the data-
collection stage about what the options *are*....

  I think Glen's initial response pretty well summed up the status of
things here....

  But we'd be happy to hear suggestions on any and all fronts from
the community out there.....

 In case y'all missed the discussion, it was under the heading
"back to the future of swarm"....

  Chris Langton