Schedules

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Schedules
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 21:12:27 -0800 (PST)

This is probably a question for Roger.

Really two related questions.  First let me remind you
that I am using the double tiered schedule as an asynchronous
event list.

1.)  Is there any way that I can remove an event (action) from
the schedule.  My agents project forward in time a number of events
in their lifetime which may be, in the case on death as an example,
may be invalidated.  I have a hack that gets around this without
modifying the list but it is pretty ugly.

2.)  Is there a way I can find the time for the next event from
the system schedule?  I may have to create some events real time
and then check and see whether they would occur before the first
event on the list.  Could I use a version of the print event list
that you showed me (quite a long time ago) or is there a better method?
In this case the result is non-destructive.  (I just need to look.)

Sorry Roger, I know I'm always doing something different than the rest
of the hive but it at least adds to the diversity?!

Cheers,

   D3

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   hearlds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *