List: forEach: arg1;

From: Ludo Pagie
Subject: List: forEach: arg1;
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:00:33 +0100

Hi all;

I'm having a problem with 'List' (see also mail "list & a method with 3
arguments" of Fri, 18 Oct 1996):

Consider (if you will) the following source:

=================================
-react: (ChemicalModelSwarm*) chemicals{
  id metabList; // this is a List
  double myarg;

  myarg=[uniformDblRand getDoubleWithMin: 0.0 withMax: 1.0];
  metabList=[chemicals getMetaboliteList];
  [[metabList getFirst] addConcentration:myarg];
  [metabList forEach: M(print)];
  [metabList forEach: M(addConcentration:) : myarg];

  return self;
}
=================================
the (relevant part of the) definition of clas Metabolite (the message receiver)
is as follows:
=================================

@interface Metabolite: Substance {
}

-createEnd;

-print;

-addConcentration: (double) c;

=================================

The compiler only complains about the line
[metabList forEach: M(addConcentration:) : myarg];
with:

>reaction.m: In function `_i_Reaction__react_':
>reaction.m:38: incompatible type for argument 4 of indirect function call

without this line the program compiles (and runs) fine. I guess that the
argument 4 is an argument of one of those (?) run-time function-calls (eg.
"objc_msgSend" in Next Objective C, don't know about Swarms run-time system).

I cannot think of any possibilities anymore, except you of course.

Ludo.