Re: User Estimates

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: User Estimates
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 13:29:36 -0800

Hi Glen,

Interesting statistics.

I wonder if hits to the release.html page should be used as an
indication of active Swarm users. I probably hit it every week or so for
some random reason.

My hunch is that for every SwarmFest attendee there is at least one more
person dabbling in Swarm out there, e.g. a user-base of about 90-100. Of
course this is just a wild guess.

The most surprising statistic are the 258 downloads of V1.0. I assume
that you factored in that the same person might be downloading many
copies (for example fetching both the source and binaries)? In my case
for example I fetched the source twice and the binaries 2-3 times.

Nevertheless this would indicate a lot of users are checking out the
product and about to come online (since nobody can resist Swarm after
the first bite - ne?).

Greetings,
-Benedikt

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden
Center for Computable Economics     Tel. (310) 825-1777
Department of Economics, UCLA       Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477          http://cce.sscnet.ucla.edu