Thanks all & -updateLattice Method

From: Jae Chan Oh
Subject: Thanks all & -updateLattice Method
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 18:59:48 -0500 (EST)

Thanks much for everyone who helped me writing my first swarm application!
Esp. thanks glen, ken, abd barry!

I had several other probelms but mostly the problem was
with -updateLattice. Oh yes, Barry's remark about the "dropped object" was
right. Please read on...

I misunderstood -updateLattice in DblBuffer2d. I thought that the newLattice
will be cleared each time I call it -- So I could write to a clean empty
newLattice for the next cycle. But in fact, newLattice still contains things
from the previous call. Therefore, what happened was that objects were dropped
from pplList but newLattice still kept the pointers to those objects
from previous cycle.
I now have overloaded the method -updateLattice so that my method clears
up the newLattice each time.

Was it intended to keep the things from previous call in newLattice? May
be for Cellular Automaton applications, it may be useful to keep
things in newLattice...

IMHO, we could put some warnings about this in the documentation of
-updateLattice method....

Thank you and keep in touch!!!

-Jae
~