Re: "zone" or "getZone"? and one additiona question.

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: "zone" or "getZone"? and one additiona question.
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 13:43:21 -0700

joh> As I mentioned in the previous mail, my program is having
joh> problems recognizing method defined for objects.

joh> A gdb message kind of concerns me. And may be there is a remote
joh> chance for my installation of objective-c/swarm is not correct??
joh> The message after a core dump is:

joh> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.  0x116698 in
joh> objc_msg_lookup (receiver=0x0, op=0x14b580) at sarray.h:210
joh> sarray.h:210: No such file or directory.

joh> The part of message that concerns me is "at sarray.h:210
joh> sarray.h:210: No such file or directory."

joh> Could it mean some file is missing for a runtime? And my code is
joh> not actually a culpit of the core dump? I hope it is not the
joh> case.

I doubt it.  The key is in the (receiver=0x0, op=0x14b580).
The receiver of the message is 0x0.  The segfault is probably
resulting from there not being an operation (0x14b580) in the
dispatch table for the class of the object at 0x0, which is
no object at all.

The stuff about sarray.h not being found is just gdb trying to
do it's normal helpful thing and trying to list the code for
you.

glen