Re: New Swarm user wannabe

From: Hal L DeVore
Subject: Re: New Swarm user wannabe
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:32:47 -0600

address@hidden said:
> Definitely continue with 7.6/4.2.  It's a simple fix to BLT and unless
> there's some other problem, it is far easier than having two tcl/tk's
> on your system.

OK.

BLT 2.1:  I got this from ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/needed-software/
but can't get it to compile/link.  You mention a needed change but I can
find no reference to such a change on the Swarm Web pages.  Here's what I
get:

./src/libBLT.a(bltBgexec.o): In function `BgExecCmd':
bltBgexec.o(.text+0x9b5): undefined reference to `Tcl_CreatePipeline'
make: *** [bltwish] Error 1

BLT 1.9:  I have this (precompiled version from my Red Hat 4.1 CD) but I
get the following error trying to run the simpleCBug tutorial program:
(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name "bitmap"
    while executing
[and then a long traceback]

Heatbugs:  appears to run but gives a continous stream of errors like this:
BLTVector does not respond to method append
(Tcl -eval:) object does not respond to method
    while executing

Any help you can
Hal