Re: Making Raster Object Movies

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Making Raster Object Movies
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:35:53 -0600

At 12:19 PM 3/26/97 PST, you wrote:

>Hi, I've been working on a simulation of bird-like agents with simple
>flocking and communication behaviors that seek out targets in a 2D space.
>I've learned a lot from following the support group and I finally have a
>question of my own.
>
>Does anyone have a technique for telling a Raster object to write a
>screen image of itself?  I'm trying to find an efficient way of creating
>a movie of my simulation.
>
>Barry Wilson

Hi, Barry!

I've been wrestling with this problem myself, pursuing a couple of leads,
but so far have not been successful. The solution would seem to be
tantalizingly near, however.

I agree with you that having such a capability would be highly desirable.
I (and others) said as much at SwarmFest, but this particular item did
not make it too far up the list of priorities.
Of course, if you and others weigh in, perhaps this wheel would be
perceived as squeaking enough to get an epsilon's worth  of grease ... :-)

If I myself find a solution, I will of course share it!

Cheers,
Sven