getCurrentTime() broken ?

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: getCurrentTime() broken ?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:32:20 -0600

I have perused the documentation for Swarm 1.0,
especially the sections on incompatibilities,
but haven't found anything on the following issue:

In 1.0.x, if one calls -getCurrentTime() prior to
starting the simulation running, one now gets a
core dump with an error message to the effect that
no activity is currently active.

In the beta version, the call just returned correct
time, namely 0.

I'd GREATLY prefer if the old behavior was reinstated;
a core dump seems kinda rude ...

Alternatively, how should I now code things to avoid
the core dump?

Sven