setGraphWindowGeometryRecordName:

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: setGraphWindowGeometryRecordName:
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 16:30:20 -0500 (EST)

I noticed this great new feature in swarm-1.0.4 (to make it
easily to save and restore window positions), and I see
it works fine for heatbugs widgets/windows like the
ZoomRaster worldRaster, and the EZGraph unhappyGraph.

I tried to use it with a BLTGraph as follows:
   BGraph = [BLTGraph createBegin: [self getZone]];
   [BGraph setGraphWindowGeometryRecordName : "tempHeatGraphWindow"];
   BGraph = [BGraph createEnd];

But then I get this error:

HeatbugObserverSwarm.m:181: warning: `BLTGraph' does not respond to
`setGraphWindowGeometryRecordName:'

In the release notes for 1.0.4 it says of the
ArchivedGeometryWidget (which provides the method above):
  "...which many widgets now inherit."

I get a similar message for an EZBin, where from:

  unhappyBin = [EZBin createBegin: globalZone];
  [unhappyBin setGraphics: 1]; [unhappyBin setFileOutput: 0];
  [unhappyBin setTitle: "unHappinessDistribution"];
  [unhappyBin setGraphWindowGeometryRecordName : "unhappyBinWindow"];

I get the message:

HeatbugObserverSwarm.m:222: warning: `EZBin' does not respond to
`setGraphWindowGeometryRecordName:'

Does this mean BLTGraph and EZBin do not inherit the
ArchivedGeometyWidget?
If not, are there plans for that (so that their positions can be
saved/restored, too)?

Or maybe I'm not using it correctly for a BLTGraph/EZBin and all its
parts?

thanks!
 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu//pscs.html