Re: Probing: data types (bug?)

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Probing: data types (bug?)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:35:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Sven N. Thommesen wrote:

> 2. The Random library uses the 64-bit 'long double' data type in some
> objects. It appears that the @encode() macro in gcc RETURNS NOTHING for a
> long double variable! Not the 'd' for a double, or a '?' for an unknown
> data type, but nothing. Presumably this makes it difficult to probe a long
> double variable.
>
> If you confirm this bug in gcc, please scream and shout at the gcc developers!

My guess is that you have never played on a mud before, because everybody
knows that SCREAMING AND SHOUTING REQUIRES CAPITAL LETTERS!!!

:-)

I've reviewed the code, and the change should be straightforward, so I
will get this written and installed in the GCC source; should be generally
available in the 2.8.1? release but if it is something urgent we can
create patches for other GCC versions.

cheers
Scott