Linux installation help

From: Larry E. Whitman
Subject: Linux installation help
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:15:57 -0600

Greetings!

My question first, then some history (if anyone cares)

We are trying to install SWARM 1.0.5 with 1.0.2 apps on Linux kernel 2.0.30
using Slackware 3.3.

>From the needed section we are using:
blt2.3
listtclobjc-lib7
tcl7.6p2 (we believe this is the problem)
tk4.3
tclobjc-1.2b
xpm-3.4h

The compiler version is gcc 2.7.2.2/

Swarm compiles OK.

But the Apps do not.
Here are the errors -

/usr/local/lib/libtcl7.6.a(tclLoadDl.o): In function `TclLoadFile':
tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x13): undefined reference to `dlopen'
tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x23): undefined reference to `dlsym'
tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `dlsym'
tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `dlerror'
make: *** [heatbugs] Error 1

I have been monitoring the list for about a year. Last year we tried to
install on HP and never got it to work. We got it to kind of work on a
'borrowed' DEC Alpha and the non GUI tutorials worked. So, that kind of
petered out. I had been waiting on the NT, but now have a student this
semester to try this (actually we are trying three packages each with a
student).

I really would like to get over the install hump so we can start on the
figuring out how SWARM works hump.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Larry
Larry Whitman              817-272-5947  fax 817-272-5952
http://arriwww.uta.edu/eif/index.html  address@hidden
Automation & Robotics Research Institute  (ARRI)
The University of Texas at Arlington
7300 Jack Newell Blvd. S.
Fort Worth, TX 76118