Install

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Install
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:08:03 -0800 (PST)

First, Thanks Marcus, I was one of those that thought binary
was executable.

A new problem:  I have both Heatbugs and my sim compiled.  They
both fail with: assertion "cstring" failed: file string.m, line 65

Any suggestions?

Some comments:

YES Bob, I would love an answer to that also.  I addition, a scroll
bar would be great.  Dear Santa...

As Wengui Su suggested, I had to replace the .dll file in Cygnus
by the one provided by swarm.

I had the same problem with compile->freeze.  I remembered that
Windows explorer  has caused some lockup problems on some laptops
here.  I reinstalled and compiled w/o explorer and had no hangups.
This might be coicidence but its worth a thought.

I had to change the Makefile.conf provided from SFI->SFI-NT
Note also that SFI-NT has -Werror set, you may not want this.

#swarmobject.h has been replaced by the combination of
#import <objectbase/Swarm.h>
#import <objectbase.h>
(are both needed?)

XColormap has changed to Colormap.

Colormap and ZoomRaster are now defined:
  id <Colormap> colormap;
  id <ZoomRaster> worldRaster;

There are a new set of includes for the ObserverSwarm.

ControlPanel is now in #import <simtoolsgui.h>
(I think? I had done a lot of mods in the last 2 hours!)

Hope the fest is going well,

Doug

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *