Re: Win95: Running Swarm on D-drive

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Win95: Running Swarm on D-drive
Date: 27 Mar 1998 16:50:36 -0800

GWT> I'm running Swarm on Win95.  Both the Cygnus and Swarm are on
GWT> D-drive.  My problem is this: When I run swarm.exe, it cannot
GWT> find any commands at all (e.g. make, ls, etc.)  What I think is
GWT> that it doesn't know that Cygnus is on D-drive.  How do I tell
GWT> Swarm where Cygnus is?

I don't believe it is a question of where Cygnus is.  It is a question
of the registry entries that the `mount' program makes to indicate the
location of your root partition, which is relative to which the cygwin
DLL will look for files like /etc/passwd and the CDK executables.
Please try changing to D: and then changing to the
\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin directory and running `mount' and
`umount' from there.  Like so:

  d:
  cd \Cygnus\B19/H-i386-cygwin32\bin
  umount /