Win95: Running Swarm on D-drive

From: Gek Woo Tan
Subject: Win95: Running Swarm on D-drive
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:41:31 -0600 (CST)

Hi again,

I'm running Swarm on Win95.  Both the Cygnus and Swarm are on D-drive.
My problem is this:
When I run swarm.exe, it cannot find any commands at all (e.g. make, ls,
etc.)  What I think is that it doesn't know that Cygnus is on D-drive.
How do I tell Swarm where Cygnus is?

I tried going around this problem by opening a bash window directly from
Cygnus directory, and then change directory to the Swarm directory.
I'm able to do a "make -C swarm-1.1" command (but I can't tell if the
make is completely successful).  I next try to compile heatbugs, and here
I run into problems, i.e. it cannot find a number of files.  I have
changed the Swarmhome path so that it points correctly to the D drive.
Are there any changes that I have to make?

This is a D-drive problem.  I was successful in installing and running
heatbugs when both Swarm and Cygnus are in C-drive.

Thanks
Gek Woo

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
-- Psalm 37:4

address@hidden
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~g-tan/