Re: Swarm Installation on SGI IRIX 6.2

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Swarm Installation on SGI IRIX 6.2
Date: 27 Mar 1998 17:51:28 -0800

MH> I got ffcall and compiled it
MH> under IRIX 5.3 (it had problems with PIC and non-PIC code in the
MH> make check under IRIX 6.2).

I think you can eliminate that if you go into the avcall source directory
and do a "gcc -S avcall-mips.c", then remake, reinstall, and attempt the
relink of your Swarm application.

MH> gmake[2]: Entering directory
MH> `/tmp_mnt/of/local/swarm/swarm-1.1/src/random' gcc -c -g -O -Wall
MH> -Wno-import -I../../include -DUSE_AVCALL C2LCGXgen.m gcc: Internal
MH> compiler error: program cc1obj got fatal signal 10 gmake[2]: ***
MH> [C2LCGXgen.o] Error 1

MH> Is this a familiar error?

Yes, with gcc.2.7.2, you should be able to compile those files if you
don't use -O.  gcc-2.8.[01] do not have that problem.