Re: install size

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: install size
Date: 02 Apr 1998 08:38:07 -0800

MG> I am trying to set up swarm here, and my department want to give
MG> me the smallest computer that they possibly can.  Can anyone tell
MG> me the absolute minimum installed file size?

About 100 megabytes will give you a little room to move.  If you know
what you are doing, you can get rid of a lot of stuff in the Cygnus toolkit.
Also, you can strip debugging information from the BLT library, which
will reduce disk usage of the Swarm distribution.  But all this will take
your time, which will quickly exceed the cost of a small disk drive.