Re: install size

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: install size
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:15:37 -0600 (CST)

On  2 Apr, Michael George wrote:
> To anyone that has installed the win95 version of swarm.
It will depend on the operating system.
In Linux, my install of the swarm-binary takes about 26MB and the
swarmapps1-1 take 8.2MB (only heatbugs has been compiled).  The swarm1-1
archive install directory is only 14MB.

On my WinNT partition, the Cygnus libraries take 72MB and the swarm1-1
distribution takes 45MB.  I've compiled a few of the applications and so
the swarmaps take about 10MB.

Hope this helps.
> I am trying to set up swarm here, and my department want to give me the
> smallest computer that they possibly can.  Can anyone tell me the absolute
> minimum installed file size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike George
> Anderson School of Management
> University of New Mexico

Paul E. Johnson                           address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science                Office: (913) 864-9086
University of Kansas                      FAX: (913) 864-5700
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                    Home: (913) 842-9916