Re: Installing Swarm on Win95, C-drive

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Re: Installing Swarm on Win95, C-drive
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:53:04 -0800 (PST)

One slight change to step #1.  At least if you download from
the Cygnus "latest" direstory, cdk.exe comes with the
user tools already included so you don't need to get that
file seperatly.

For any of you following the saga of emacs.  I have it installed
and working.  I think that there are two major results for me in this.
Both Cygnus and ntemacs are VERY "drive sensitive".  Note that
this is not a Swarm problem.  The other is that, if you do want
to relocate them after an instaltion, even if it is back to drive
C:, make sure that EVERYTHING is removed from all previous installations
and you reboot the computer.  Again, this is not a swarm problem,
it has to do with path sensitivity and getting emacs to pass the correct
paths to the bash shell. It is only an issue  if you want to run
the shell from inside emacs.

Cheers,

   D3

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *