Re: terminating the model...

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: terminating the model...
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:20:58 -0600

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> LG> I want to stop it right away when some condition (inside the
> LG> agent) becomes true.
>
> LG> I implemented it by
>
> LG> [getTopLevelActivity() terminate]
>
> Hmm, that should work.  Is this in a GUI or Batch mode?  If the former,
> what if you try to stop the simulation, by sending a setStateStopped
> to your GUISwarm subclass controlPanel?

I would suggest this, as well, for two reasons: 1) I presume
you actually want to "stop" the model, not "terminate" it.
Terminate deletes things.  Stop just halts them.  2) We had
been trying to isolate "control" functions through the controlPanel
and any amount of use that can be extracted from that would be
preferable to using the low-level interface to the activity
library.

glen
--
Glen E. Ropella                  (505) 424-0448
The Swarm Corporation            address@hidden