Re: Compilation error

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Compilation error
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:51:46 -0500

At 12:50 PM 4/27/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I saw Sven Thommesen's message that he successfully installed Cygnus on
>C-Drive and Swarm on D-drive, and decided to give another try on
>installing Swarm on D-drive, Win95 platform.  I tried compiling heatbugs
>and received this error:
>
>make: *** No rule to make target `-ldefobj', needed by `heatbugs'.  Stop.
>

>How do I rectify this error?
>
>Thanks
>Gek Woo

Don't know what specifically you might have done wrong, but here's the
steps I took:

a) installed the two Cygnus packages to the default location on the C drive;

b) installed the Swarm package:
        b.1: specified "D:\Swarm" as the target location
        b.2: confirmed that the root dir for Cygnus is "C:\Cygnus\B19"

c) opened an msdos window:

        C:\windows > D:
        D:\ > cd Swarm
        D:\Swarm > swarm        [ puts you into the Cygnus unixoid environment ]
        address@hidden $ make -C swarm-1.1 (make sure you see no error messages)
        address@hidden $ cd swarmapps-1.1/heatbugs
        address@hidden $ make
        address@hidden $ ./heatbugs

d) If you have problems, verify that the file 'vars.bat' in the Swarm
directory contains these two lines (or appropriate lines for the
directories you installed to):

        SET CYGROOT=C:\Cygnus\B19
        SET SWARMROOT=D:\Swarm

e) To get out, type "exit" twice in the msdos window: once to exit the
Cygnus unix environment, and once to close the window.

Hope this helps!
Sven