Re: Documentation: swarm-symbols

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: Documentation: swarm-symbols
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:42:35 -0400 (EDT)

Along this line, I am pretty sure I posted to this list
a simple perl script to look this information up as-needed, eg

fiore-rlr)findInSwarm.pl Averager

Looking for 'address@hidden' or 'address@hidden'
in files under /s/Swarm/swarm-1.0.5-opt/:
                include/analysis/Averager.h     @interface Averager :
MessageProbe {
Swarm libs to try:
 analysis

It uses the environment SWARMHOME to decide what version to check,
but that can be overridden with a command line argument to look in some
other version.

The "Swarm libs to try" is sugggesting where in the html online
core libs docs to look for the symbol's doc.
This easily could be changed to look for @deftype @class etc as needed.
I believe this script is in some prior post to the archive.

But maybe the best thing would be to hook some version
of Sven's table into the html doc tree in some convenient place!

 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html