Re: Sequential processing of actions in ActionGroup

From: James Marshall
Subject: Re: Sequential processing of actions in ActionGroup
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:50:32 GMT

Hi,

> Well, until we have a parallel version of Swarm, you don't have
> to worry about it at all. [grin]

Relief! I'm having enough trouble with Swarm as it is, without
additional complexities to consider!

> But, for modeling purposes, use:
>
>   modelActions = [ActionGroup createBegin: modelZone];
>   [modelActions setDefaultOrder: Sequential];
>   modelActions = [modelActions createEnd];

OK, so presumably the order you create the actions in after this is
the order they will be executed in? e.g.

[modelAction createActionTo: anAgent message: M(doYourThing)]; /*this
always happens first*/
[modelAction createActionTo: anAgent message: M(tellMeAboutIt)];
/*this always happends second*/

Just checking!
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences