RE: run-time error

From: Randy Picker
Subject: RE: run-time error
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:15:11 -0500

Hi. I got this the other day, and got back two responses; the first worked
and I didn't need to try the second.  Here they are:

1. If you saved the window geometry, try removing the ~/.swarmArchiver file.
(meanwhile bugs have be fixed in ZoomRaster).

2. All that means is that the zoom is not square.  As Marcus said,
if your code has no reason to generate a non-square zoom, then
it could be that your ~/.swarmArchiver is messed up.  In addition
to just moving it to see if that's the problem, you can edit
that file to take out the geometry size (AxB) resource.

If, however, you haven't checked your code, you might want to
do that as well.  One way code can generate this kind of error
is if you have a rectangular non-square zoomraster.  Then even
though the zoom is the same in both directions, the code
checks after the zoom is applied and so doesn't distinguish.
(At least I think that's how 1.1 works.)

And if none of that leads to an obvious problem, then you might
try replacing your zoomraster with a plain old raster and see
what happens.

Randy

Prof. Randal C. Picker
Paul and Theo Leffmann Professor