run-time error still got me

From: James Marshall
Subject: run-time error still got me
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:45:37 GMT

Hi,

> Hi. I got this the other day, and got back two responses; the first worked
> and I didn't need to try the second.  Here they are:
>
> 1. If you saved the window geometry, try removing the ~/.swarmArchiver file.
> (meanwhile bugs have be fixed in ZoomRaster).

Well, I couldn't find this file to remove it! Searched my entire hard
disk with Windows NT's "Find" tool.

> 2. All that means is that the zoom is not square.  As Marcus said,

> If, however, you haven't checked your code, you might want to
> do that as well.  One way code can generate this kind of error
> is if you have a rectangular non-square zoomraster.  Then even
> though the zoom is the same in both directions, the code
> checks after the zoom is applied and so doesn't distinguish.
> (At least I think that's how 1.1 works.)

A rectangular non-square zoom raster? Well, I set the width and the
height to 10 currently. I've tried not setting the ZoomFactor, as
well as setting it to 1.

> And if none of that leads to an obvious problem, then you might
> try replacing your zoomraster with a plain old raster and see
> what happens.

I couldn't even compile when trying to use a Raster instead! It seems
Raster is undeclared, which is odd considering both Raster and
ZoomRaster are declared in the same header file (gui.h)? I
change the following lines:

id <ZoomRaster> worldRaster;
worldRaster=[ZoomRaster create: globalZone];

id <Raster> worldRaster;
worldRaster=[Raster create: globalZone];

is that right?
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences